Monday, October 21, 2013

Most Worn: Baubles Edition


Hello friends! I thought I'd start this week off with something a little different - a peek into my most worn baubles!

If you've been following my blog for a bit, you can probably tell that I tend to stick to the same pieces when it comes to accessorizing, and to be honest, it's because I don't own a whole lot of jewelry! So you'll probably already be familiar with the following pieces.


1. BaubleBar Tortoise Dragonfly Bib Necklace - I wear this too much. It seems to go with everything in my closet! Word to the wise: if you see a piece you like on BaubleBar, snatch it before it's no longer available!
2. Gorjana Leather Wrap Gold Bracelet - I got lucky with this one and found it on the Club Monaco website for $5! I wear it all the time - I find it to be a nice variation on gold since the bracelet is leather.
3. Michael Kors Darci Glitz Watch - Searched long and hard for the perfect Michael Kors watch at a decent price. I thought that since my jewelry tastes are pretty simple, a little bling on my watch wouldn't hurt! I love this watch and wear it every single day!
4. & 5. Gorjana Necklace & Earrings - Both are pieces I wear when I'm craving a dainty piece of jewelry. They're both great with casual or dressier looks.
6. House of Harlow Aztec Bangle - Another great find! Found this bangle at my local Winners on sale for $16! This bangle is great with any look, but I love wearing it with a casual dress, or jeans and a tee.
7. J Crew Feather Ring - I've gotten so many compliments on this ring! It was kind of an impulse buy during the J Crew 40% sale and I didn't know I'd like it as much as I do - glad I took the plunge!
8. H&M Necklace - Kind of an impulse buy as well as I was looking for an edgier necklace to go with a black dress I wanted to wear to an event. Turns out this piece goes with a lot more with just a black dress. I love the triangular shape of the crystals and the chunkier chain of this necklace.
9. Vintage Bangle - Found this bangle at Value Village and it kind of started my love affair with gold jewelry. I don't wear it too often because I'm scared to lose it as the clasp opens quite easily. Either way, I love this piece.
10. Vintage Ring - This is easily my favorite pieces of jewelry I own. And it's partly because it has a story. My mom's mother-in-law (my grandmother) gifted this ring to her. For YEARS I begged my mother to pass it on to me because it was too big for her. After hearing "no" for years, I settled on wearing it when I came home for the holidays, or for special occasions. Out of the blue one day, after I had settled on the idea that this ring was a "borrow only" item, she gave it to me! She said she didn't want to be someone who holds on to jewelry for nothing - better give the item to someone who will enjoy it. And I definitely do! This ring is so special to me and its made even more special because my mom gifted it to me. Thanks mom!

And that's it! My favorite pieces of jewelry, photographed and explained. Hope you enjoyed this post!


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! How do you keep them all organized? I have a stack in a drawer no space to put anywhere. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a steal on that house of harlow bangle! I just purchased it at Silver Daisy for alot more than that! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so beautiful and classic! I have the JCrew ring as well, and love it!
    -Alexandra
    www.rhymeswithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pieces! I always find myself wearing the same pieces over and over too!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them all, especially the aztec bangle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I tend to wear the same key pieces on a daily basis!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete