Monday, July 7, 2014

Print Mixing


Jacob Top, Envy Skirt, Zara Pumps, Michael Kors Watch, BCBGeneration Bangle, Rebecca Minkoff Bag, D&G Sunnies

This has been the weirdest month for my little province of New Brunswick A shooter on the loose, and now post-tropical storm Arthur, causing much more damage than expected. So many trees are downed on power lines. It's quite sad because I feel half the charm of Fredericton comes from the gorgeous old trees everywhere. I tried taking a bike ride yesterday but my trail was blocked by massive tree trunks. I took another path through a residential neighbourhood and 1 in 3 houses had trees on their property fall. As for now, 44 000 people still do not have electricity in my city. I didn't have power for more than 48 hours, and luckily got it last night. Now we're acting as a shower, charging, coffee station for friends and family who don't have power. Hopefully the situation gets resolved soon!

Because I'm one of the lucky ones who has internet, I thought I'd put up a post. Last week, I wore this look to work. It's some intense print mixing isn't it? I thought it would be fun to wear prints of the same color family together - but at the same time, I'm not sure I'd re-wear this. While I don't mind trying out print mixing once in a while, maybe it's just not me? Hard to say quite yet - I think I need to give it another chance! How gorgeous are those Zara shoes though? I'm so in love - and for heels that height, they're so comfortable!

Hope you have a great day and wishing my friends in Fredericton a safe day. You know where to find me!

6 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm so sorry for all the trouble you've been having back home! Hopefully everything goes back to normal soon :) and second of all, THOSE SHOES THO! I've seen them online but seeing them on you kinda makes me want them!! Lastly, I love the print mixing! I haven't done it in a while but you're giving me some inspo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt, those heels and that blouse - I want it all!! Love how you paired them all together. Great look. And I hope things get a bit better back home and everyone gets their power soon!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same top!! Love how you mixed these prints together. I'm sorry to hear about all the bad news in your area, I hope things get better xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely stunning! The pattern mixing is definitely working together.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this prints xxx

    You are welcome to check out my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
    Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com

    ReplyDelete