Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Vacation

Last Saturday, my family and our significant others (10 in total!) traveled to the little tiny village of Baker Lake to visit my grandparents for their 60th wedding anniversary, but also to spend some quality family time at a rented cottage.

Baker Lake is where my mother grew up and was a big part of my childhood. Some of my best memories are playing in my grandparents back yard and going swimming in the lake. It proved to be the perfect spot for a mini-vacation and my brothers, my sister and I decided to make it a yearly summer tradition. Here are some of the pictures I took.

Skipping rocks was a popular activity this weekend.

Wearing a Smart Set top, Paige Jeans, Simons Necklace, Joe Fresh Sunnies, Franco Sarto Sandals, Michael Kors watch and J Crew Feather Ring. Wearing American Eagle Shorts in other picture.


The weather is so weird there - one minute it's lightening and thundering and the other it's completely sunny. Luckily, the weather still gave us a chance to have two campfires and a couple swimming sessions. I already miss the fresh air and coffee on the patio!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Linking up from Mix and Match Fashion!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, love the red top you're wearing. Great post.

    Sarah
    http://www.sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your peplum!! Looks like a beautiful spot.

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful and relaxing there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! The place seems to be so peaceful.

    http://thefashioness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great vacation. You captured many special moments in these pics.
    Jen

    http://fashionablyfestive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks MAGICAL. It's so important to get away... hope you had a blast!

    Eek.. the Zara flats just arrived and they're even more fab in person. Get 'em!

    -Ash
    Pursuit of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY red TOP!! the picyures are amazing!! bful place :)
    visit my blog too :)
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfit looks like the best comfy yet chic look! :)

    ReplyDelete