Thursday, August 29, 2013

Layered Chambray

 
Chambray Dress - Gap Factory, T-Shirt (layered underneath) - Joe Fresh, Necklace - H&M, Wrap Bracelet - Gorjana, Watch - Michael Kors, Bag - Marc Jacobs, Shoes - Shoemint, Sunnies - Joe Fresh

I don't often ask my boyfriend his opinion on a clothing purchase. I tend choose the times that I do carefully because my boy has irrational hatred of some fashion trends - he doesn't like skinny jeans, rolled up pants, animal print, neons, and the newest one, plastic sunglasses. He definitely has a mind of his own when it comes to fashion! When I bought this chambray dress on the weekend, I really needed a second opinion on it, so I asked my boy what he thought of it and he loved it. So I had to keep it!

I thought I might wear this dress sleeveless for this post, but then realized that this Joe Fresh paisley tee shirt was the perfect item to layer underneath and add a pop of color. Expect this t-shirt to make another appearance on the blog - it's super cute and versatile!

Linking up with Simply Just Lovely and Style Elixir today!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, plastic sunglasses?! So sunnies are only to be made of metal & glass? Bonkers! I'm glad J gave you the thumbs up to this dress because it's super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great purchase. The dress looks cute and can be layered easily, making it a great transitional piece for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you layered a tee underneath, too cute!! And very funny about your boyfriend's clothing opinions!

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those heels! I've added them to my basket so many times but never taken the final step. I just feel like the heel height is too much for me. I also love your chambray dress!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea! I really want a chambray dress myself. I will have to check my local store.

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute look!

    http://justaddcakeuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice, I can see why he likes this!!! I never would have thought to put this top under it and you're right, it's a lovely pop of colour!
    I also really like that you can belt this dress - such a nice shape, I really like it.

    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man shoemint really has impressed me lately with their shoes - loving yours! Looking fab as always :)

    -Ash
    Pursuit of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combo of the dress and tee! I have that tee in the other colour as well as a dress thats super similar to that and you're giving me some ideas! ;)

    iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete